"Last Clip"

When you train firearms squad tactics, you learn to call reloads, and you learn to keep track of how many rounds you have in the clip. The first time I was shooting a live-fire exercise and burned too much ammo, I came down to my last clip - and called "Last Clip". It left a knot in my stomach. It makes everyone on your team more aware, perhaps on edge.

I know the saying;"Make it count!" True enough, but there is a finality to the circumstance. You're done, or you are done. Either way, as Chris Gardner says, "The cavalry is not coming."

In that moment, you have to be OK with whatever comes next.

Hammer5 and I have called, "Last Clip". It is stressful, I don't like it, but this is where we dig deep, trust our training, and advance. Never give up.

I'm going to dig deep and then - I am bringing the Hammer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does #EWorHW Mean?

General "Mad Dog" Mattis

We are at WAR